18th March 2022
The Many Uses Of GRP Fencing
When you’re thinking about purchasing fencing for your business, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the number of options available. With the fencing market estimated to be worth over £1 billion – equally split between materials and installation – there are many fencing choices for a range of different industries.
No need to be confused, CLD Fencing have got you covered. If you’re in the market for non-conductive or frangible radio transparent fencing, then our GRP fencing range is where to start. These fencing solutions are perfect if you have businesses in the following sectors:
- High voltage risk areas
- Chemical works
- Water treatment works
- Railways and trackside applications
- Electrical sites
What is GRP fencing?
GRP – glass reinforced plastic – has non-conductive properties, is made from a polyester resin, and is known for its strength, making it a popular fencing solution.
Here at CLD Fencing, we provide the next evolution in frangible (breaks into fragments through impact) radio transparent and non-conductive fencing, railings and gates.
Designed and manufactured in compliance with UNI EN 294 and UNI EN 811 standards, our GRP fencing solutions provide privacy, practicality, and security. Perfect for almost every business environment, our GRP Fencing is highly resistant to corrosion and can withstand adverse weather conditions.
Benefits of GRP fencing?
GRP fencing has a number of benefits:
- Resistant to impact – the fencing returns to its original shape following impact
- Easier to work with– the composite material is 50% lighter than other fencing materials, making it easier to transport and install
- Cost effective – there are minimal requirements for repair with this system and therefore benefits from longevity, meaning there are no ongoing expenses
- Strong and durable – has impressive load-bearing capabilities and bi-directional strength
- Anti-theft – GRP fencing, railing and gates have no theft value, meaning it won’t fall victim to the rising number of metal thefts each year
- Weather resistant – wind, rain and snow are no match for GRP fencing. It can withstand even the harshest of environments including UV rays
- Less upkeep – GRP fencing is self-coloured and requires much less upkeep than traditional materials such as metal and timber, so no need for ongoing maintenance and painting