20th April 2020
Adaptive vs. Temporary Security: What’s the Difference?
During these uncertain times, we know how important physical security measures are in keeping sites and people working on the frontline safe. But with pop-up hospitals and testing centres, permanent fencing solutions are not often feasible for these temporary sites, which is why CLD Fencing Systems temporary and adaptive solutions could be what you’ve been searching for.
However, when people think of adaptive and temporary fencing, they often mistake them for the same solutions. We wanted to explain the differences between them and share the advantages of using each system.
So, what exactly is Adaptive and Temporary Security?
Adaptive Security is a security model in which the monitoring of threats remains continuous and improves as threat levels and risks change. Many high security sites are experiencing constant security threats and so need their security measures to adapt to the level of risk out there at a certain time. Adaptive physical security is not necessarily temporary, and it can’t be easily moved, however, it is zero ground strike which means it can be redeployed elsewhere.
Whereas, Temporary Security is a model which is short-term safety and can be installed, moved and dismantled should threat levels change. It is ideal for areas that need protecting for a set amount of time or until they require a more permanent solution. Many may not need a permanent solution at all and so the ease of foundation free security is what makes temporary systems desirable for specific projects.
What are the features and advantages of each system?
- Long term deployment
- Continuously monitoring and improving in line with thret levels
- Ability to adapt security measures at any time
- Foundation free system
- Short-term safety
- Easily installed, redepolyed and dismantled should threat levels change
- Ideal for areas in need of security for a short amount of time with zero lasting effects
- Foundation free system
Now we know the advantage of each, what’s the difference?
Here at CLD Fencing Systems our MODSEC system is a new revolution in the physical security world. It’s the first adaptive physical security system that provides true deterrence against attack.
Whilst, our FenceSafe temporary range was launched in 2016 which was the first temporary fencing system to use the same rigid mesh panels and posts as our permanent range. For more information on which FenceSafe product is right for your project, check out our product feature where we shine a light on which solution is the best choice for your project.
[su_row][su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
- Fully adaptive system. Not designed for temporary use but can be adapted if and when potential threat increases.
- Installed ground level or as trench
- Built in channels for wires for CCTV, PIDS and other electronic security devices
- Can be used as solid hoarding where required and standalone vehicle deterrent
- A solution that is designed to deter and even mitigate threats from a vehicle born attack. (HVM)
- Unique adjustable corner accommodates almost any change in direction.
- Modsec is guaranteed for 50 years with a 100year life expectancy, thanks to its high-grade concrete and internal re-bar construction.
[/su_column] [su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
- Fully temporary system. Can be installed, relocated and dismantled with ease should threat levels change.
- Completely foundation free fencing system
- Varying degrees of security from general perimeter protection to SR1 security rated
- Due to its temporary nature, fencing can be upgraded to security rated fencing panels easily if the threat level increases.
- Ability to upgrade fencing system to LPS 1175 security rating.
When it comes to your next project, it’s about evaluating the needs and requirements in order to define which adaptive or temporary fencing system is right for you.
Now you know the differences you can ask yourself…